Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Part 1 - Julia Butterfly Hill - Adventures In Treesitting
How can we stand by an allow the destruction of our eco-system to happen?
Thank you Julia Butterfly Hill for your passionate environmental activism, for dedicating your life to what we are all too afraid to do. Or too preoccupied to do? Or too lazy to do? What could be more important than saving the natural world that has existed long before us and had thrived? Why am I not trying harder to save it? And why is it a crime to save it? Why do logging companies have the right to destroy forests, but we, people of this earth, do not have the right to resist them without being arrested or harrassed? Why is it always profit before everything else? Why is industry allowed to oppress animals, plants, forests, rivers and humans all over the world? I ask a lot of questions, but I know the answers. The answers are just so senseless that I must continue asking the questions, as if maybe one day the answers will make some sort of sense. The answers will never make sense. Until society places the needs of the environment, the natural world and living things above the desires for consumption, money, and power nothing will make sense.
This is just the first part of this documentary about Julia Hill and treesitting. Parts two and three will follow shortly throughout the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment