I want to begin to wake up early in the mornings.
Throughout my life, I have been someone who can easily sleep late into the day if I so choose. Fourteen hours of sleep and I feel rested.
But think of all those hours I miss out on. And of how much longer each day could be.
I feel that waking up at 6am won't be so much of a chore if I am waking up with no where to go. Waking up not to go to work or class, but just to be awake.
To wander about. To make tea and play guitar and read a book. Or to clean or to think or to meditate.
I've always stayed up late and woken up as late as is feasible.
But these days, I feel like going to sleep when it is time and waking up before it is necessary.
I haven't seen the sunrise since last summer.
Of course, last summer, I was seeing the sun rise because I was staying awake all night.
This autumn, maybe I'll see the sun rise because I woke up that early. And made a mug of tea. And went to sit in front of my townhouse when everything is silent and wet from nighttime dew. And the sun is waking up also.
I'll come sit outside at sunrise with you :)
ReplyDelete