Thursday, July 15, 2010

Vegan?

Considering becoming vegan.
On the fence.
Not sure if I have enough internal drive to do so, enough of a compelling feeling.
I might just be bored.
Or up for a challenge.
But I find that with permanent/semi-permanent life changes, I need that extra internal motivation to really sustain my endeavor.
I have been vegetarian for seven years without making the leap to veganism.
Have I become complacent? Where is that rebelious urge to deviate even farther from the norm?
Veganism has to be done the right way, and yes I do believe there is a right way.
The right way does not involved tons of soy products cast into meat-patty shapes or into soy milk.
It involves lots of fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts and ingenuity.
Want a dairy-like drink? Trade in the soy milk for rice milk, hazelnut milk, almond milk, whole grain drink...
Trade in the soy burger for the homemade black bean burger.
I could approach veganism slowly, eat vegan 2 times a week, then 3, then 4...or jump into it all at once.
It's just about taking the leap.
Once I fully committed to vegetarianism, at the age of 14 no less, I never looked back.
The same possibility exists for veganism.
Jump in, and never look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment