Tuesday, June 15, 2010

For the love of reading

I have just purchased two books on betterworldbooks.com and will be awaiting their arrival in the mail.

The first is Field Notes from a Catastrophe: Man, Nature, and Climate Change by Elizabeth Kolbert, which I will be reading over the summer as partial preparation for the environmental ethics course that I am taking in the fall.

The second is Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers: A History of Lesbian Life in Twentieth-Century America by Lillian Faderman. I had been eyeing this book in a bookshop in Princeton a couple of months ago, but the price tag was too hefty for purchase. I tucked the title away in the back of my mind. Luckily, betterworldbooks saved the day and I was able to purchase the book for a mere $3.98. Success!

While I wait for these two books to arrive, I will attempt to finish my current reads. Anarchism by Daniel Guerin and Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo. My bf highly recommended the latter and lent it to me months ago, so I am compelled to read it quickly and let him know what I think.

Summer reading! One of my favorite activities. Keeps my mind moving and my imagination going. All things I need when working six days a week, not engaged in academics. Books are the escape, the destination, reality and fantasy, neither here nor there and every place in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment