Thursday, June 3, 2010

JSRG!

I have officially passed the WFTDA minimum skills requirement test for roller derby!
It took 7 months of intense practice (plus 2 months of having mono and not skating)
I passed a written test, a safety test, a skills test.
Wednesday pork roller practices, Monday night endurance practices, and open skate in between. There was outdoor rink practices, huge bruises and crazy falls and collisions. A lot of sweat and laughter. And now I am offically a full league member of Jersey Shore Roller Girls! I will be drafted onto a team this summer.
Now the real work starts. I've gotta keep up the hard work. Skate at least four times a week and exercise in between. Practices Monday and Thursday nights and volunteering at Saturday bouts. This is what I have been working my ass off for, this is what all the JSRG girls work their asses off for. Because we love this sport, we love our league, we love the teams.
June 12th! Asbury Park Convention Hall! Second Intraleague bout of the season!
Be there!

2 comments: