So lately I have been thinking about travel a lot.
I have been thinking about all of the places in the world, and how New Jersey is so small and how I just want to get out there and see as much as possible. Mostly, I want to see as much nature as possible before it is gone. I want to see hundred foot tall trees, so large in diameter that it takes five people to encircle it. I want to see clear blue streams and the tops of mountains and the insides of caves and the dense greenery of forests. I want to see fields of wildflowers and bees and all of the animals that inhabit these lands. I want to camp, live in a tent, backpack, bicycle. I wish there was a good way to travel to other countries without taking planes, with the high emission rate and all. But the expanse of the United States is just a train ride away. So here is a list of places that I want to be right now.
Washington State and Oregon: I've heard the natural landscape in these states is breathtaking. You have it all. The mountains, rivers, forests, ocean...
Budapest, Hungary: My grandmother on my mother's side is Hungarian/Eastern European. I want to see where that side of the family is from. Plus, I have heard Budapest is a wonderful city
South America: Any country really, I have never been to the continent and the nature there must be fascinating
New Zealand: Green mountains, surrounded by ocean, Lord of the Rings was filmed there...need I say more?
I haven't left the Tri-State area in two years, and I haven't left the country in three years. I need to get out into the world again.
I have been bitten by the travel bug as well!! Want to join you in Hungary, on the Pacific coast, and in New Zealand :)
ReplyDeleteWe would def geek out to LOTR in New Zealand
ReplyDelete