I am not great at memorizing music.
I have always been pretty good at playing music, the exception being the guitar. I'm not so good at guitar.
But flute, piano, saxophone...never gave me much trouble. And I can read music well. Tabs, notation, pretty decent.
So now I am learning the bass guitar.
Which isn't difficult at all, seeing as I already play guitar.
But memorizing music. How do people do it!
I suppose just playing the music over and over and over again. So that is what I am/will be doing. I figure I should dedicate at least an hour a day to playing the bass if I want to become proficient. I have always wanted to play in a band, and now I have a couple of people who are serious about starting up a band. This makes me happy.
Sleep. Eat. Skate. Bass. Read. Sleep. Eat. Skate. Bass. Read. Sleep.
I know what you mean about memorizing music! I actually have a lot of trouble memorizing guitar tabs, but I'm fine with vocal music and keyboard... good luck =P
ReplyDeletethanks Jess!
ReplyDelete