
My new skates arrived in the mail today and I was psyched to try them out on the outdoor skate rink.
Reidell 3's, sooo pretty.
I was not planning on getting new skates, but my old ones are literally falling apart in certain places so it seemed appropriate. Now I have a pair of skates to use with indoor wheels and a pair for outdoors, which is convenient because now I do not have to switch wheels on and off all the time.
Skating was a bit rough today though.
My ankle brace has been digging into my shin the past few skate sessions, causing me to have a lovely welt/bruise on said shin that is rather painful.
Also, I'm just plain tired from skating so much. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday on the rink is a lot. Especially when two of those days were hardcore practices. I'm hoping an improvement in my skating will be observable, but I think I need to take tomorrow off and rest up. Maybe just do some stretches, crunches and push-ups.
Derby takes a whole lot of dedication and practice, but you gotta know your limits. It is especially important to know when to take a day off. Better to take one day off than to injure yourself and be unable to skate for a month.
for some reason I imagined these being more malicious. Like spikes and barbed wire wrapped around them.
ReplyDelete