Monday, May 17, 2010

Slowing down and enjoying the day

Baby goats are adorable.
Yesterday I took a drive down the road to visit friends of the family at their farm.
It is one of my favorite places in the area to visit.
They have goats, alpacas, chickens, ducks, horses, rabbits...
And their are always baby animals to play with and feed.
Yesterday a pair of two day old baby goats were licking at my legs and chasing me around the paddock wanting to be carried and fed. They quickly chugged down bottles of milk while the older goats drank water from bottles.
I was able to hold tiny black bunnies and a very friendly older rabbit.
It's a great thing to be able to walk into a backyard and be in the company of living creatures.
Each time I visit this farm it just makes me more excited and enthusiastic for the day when I have my own farm.
It's a lot of work, running a farm, but the rewards seem worth it in so many ways.

Later in the day I was inspired to do some baking, and baked a small batch of delicious simple muffins.
I encourage anyone who does not bake to take up the activity, as it is always a wonderful thing to see that you have created a baked good from scratch. My favorite thing to bake is bread, it is extra delicious when it is fresh and you have the opportunity to add fruit or nuts or vegetables to the bread. Right now I have a loaf of cranberry lemon bread waiting in the fridge that I have baked, and it makes me glad to know that I can make some of my own food from various ingredients and a recipe book.

No comments:

Post a Comment