On Monday night, I baked vegan agave nectar cupcakes.
The ingredients of vegan recipes always make me smile.
Soy milk, agave nectar, apple cider vinegar...
I brought them to roller derby endurance practice and the were a big hit.
Endurance practice was challenging and excellent.
I got to use my R3's at a practice for the first time, and they didn't let me down.
My heels were in a considerable amount of pain though, and I may have to invest in some of those soft heel pads you can put in shoes. I bought a pair of squishy arch supports today to try out at practice tomorrow, I am hoping they help to support my wonky feet.
One of the things I love about derby is the energy I always feel AFTER a practice. It's a mix of endorphins, adrenaline, the feeling of community, the feeling of achievement at having completed a strenuous two-hour work out...I never leave derby practice in a bad mood. I am always glad that I went. I encourage any woman who will listen to try out derby. There are so many wonderful benefits to the sport.
I love how you called your feet "wonky." Great word. Describes mine too. Now I know why we are housemates :)
ReplyDelete